Originally published on Quora.
The answer to this is very simple, yes they can! Whenever I do a Spirit Communication reading or I even have a Loved One come in during a general reading, it is amazing how I know that they speak a different language but I can still understand what they are telling me to tell my client. They may even give specific names that I can sound out to the client and the client will know exactly what they mean or are referring to.
I was doing a reading the other day for a client in China and her Grandfather unexpectedly came in. He had called her a very specific name from birth that was a nick name that he had given her. It was a powerful affirmation and validation for her as of his presence. My native tongue is English so the Grandfather worked with me and pronounced it for me so even though I could not spell it directly, I was able to sound it out phonetically and type it out so she knew what I was saying.
Language is not a boundary in the Spirit world, it is merely a characteristic that came along with our physical lives. When a Spirit wants to communicate with a client they will work through your Spirit Guides and the Psychic Medium’s library of symbols to send along a message. This allows me to hear their message in a way that is normal for me.
They might show me the country they are from or show me the country that relates to their language and then I can identify their origin. From Indian tribes being spelled out, spiritual icons being identified, whatever the message may be if a Spirit wants to communicate they will.
Our loved ones are still very much with us on this side of the plane just as they were before it is only in different form. They strive to help us during transitions in our lives and turning points. They even applaud and acknowledge changes they have been waiting for. So never doubt your loved ones presence or dedication to your life. You are just as important now as you were then.
I remember back when I had my very first reading with a Psychic. I was around 19 years old. I had a dream about seeing a Psychic, I saw her perfectly. She had long light brown hair and was a heavier woman, with shorter bangs around her face and light eyes. She was sitting at a rectangle card table. The next day I found out that there was oddly enough a Psychic Fair coming to my small hometown. A friend of mine was going and asked me to come with him and I was so hesitant.
I’ve been Psychic all my life but I never would call myself the term yet. I was a huge skeptic. The years of trying to hide my own gifts, I had literally adapted my family’s skepticism. Regardless as a favor to my friend I went to the fair anyways. I walked through the conference room door and at the very back of the room I saw her. I saw the woman in my dream at a rectangle table. I left my friend and went immediately to her. I said nothing I didn’t want to give her any clues at all about me or my situation.
When I first sat down she said, “You are very Psychic yourself.” I laughed and just listened to her. She had a message that I needed to hear and my guides shown me her in my dream for a reason. At the end of the session I told her about her being in my dream. I never saw her again but I did receive a message that day that I needed.
Choosing a Psychic can bring up a lot of fear and anxiety. There are a lot of scams out of there. There are unfortunately people that do not ethically adhere to the natural laws of the Universe. However there are amazing readers out there that adhere to their moral responsibilities as Psychics that work towards helping empower you to be your Higher Self and to keep you on your path.
Here are 5 Tips to Help You Choose a Reader:
1. Use your own intuition to help you pick a reader. Do you feel comfortable just looking at them? If you are seeing a Psychic for the first time online, look at their picture for a few minutes and see what comes to you. Are they using their real picture? You can even search online for them to see what images come up and compare pictures. If the pictures are consistent then they likely are showing their real face. Trust your gut. Do you feel open or closed when looking at them?
2. Is a Psychic using their real name? This can be very important. Granted I have met professionals in my field that work as a counselor and other professions and prefer to do their work anonymously. If you are going to a hotline Psychic site, some companies require their readers to pick a name that allows them to be unique to the site. They are exceptions to this rule of advice. However if you are looking at a Psychic’s personal site, look for Psychics that are using their real names. Either first name or first and last that are openly performing their professions under their real name. It’s easy to hide bad feedback and reviews if you are changing your profile names. Think of choosing your Psychic like choosing a doctor. You want to look for not only credibility but visibility. Search your Psychic out on the internet and read other information outside their own personal site to get a good idea of what to expect.
3. Do you like their style of reading? Some Psychics do only phone, some do only in person readings, some might only do chats, and some might do all of these. What form of communication are you comfortable with? I definitely encourage you to try all forms and see what feels best to you. I personally like giving chat readings for my clients. I can’t see them or hear them and I have only their energy to read from plus it allows me to directly communicate with automatic writing from their guides, angels, or loved ones.
4. Read over reviews and testimonials and when you can get a referral from a friend. It helps to get an idea of a reader’s accuracy and style by reading over the perceptions of others.
Your Psychic becomes a very close friend and if you find the right Psychic you will be able to use them over and over again in the future to help you during times you need them the most.
Before you create your shrine you need to set your intention. Are you wanting to draw love near you? What are you wanting? What type of person do you want? Is there someone you are already in love with and dating that you want to draw closer to you?
If so you can create a very special shrine that draws this energy to you. If you want something you need to know specifically what you want. You need to know the type of person, characteristics, and the outcome that you have in mind. Do you want a family with this person? Do you want children or a house? Do you want any pets?
Get a very clear vision of the type of life you would like for yourself and the type of relationship you want. Visualize a kind relationship that is mutual and without worry.
If you are working towards a specific person think about what you like about them, what makes them special to you. Why is this person so different from any other person? Think about what they like. Do they like flowers? Do they like candles? Do they have a favorite smell to them?
Once you have thought of these things start to put your energy into creating a shrine. Remember the success of your shrine depends on the energy and love that you put into it. You need to dedicate time and care with your shrine’s construction.
1. Set up a secure area where no one has access to your shrine. This could be in the corner of your room, in a closet, or on a shelf.
2. Cover the area with a special cloth that you feel is appropriate. This sets the stage for your shrine and creates an energetic boundary for all of the objects.
3. If you have access to a metaphysical bookstore you can go there and pick some crystals that will help lend to the energy of your shrine. Some of the crystals that are associated with love are: Rhodochrosite will help you release fear and open your heart chakra. Rose Quartz will help you open your heart, feel love, and restore trust. Chiastolite will help you restore balance and harmony in your relationship. Rhodonite will allow you to release any hurt from past loves so you can let go and start to love again. If you feel grief and depression is standing in the way of you and true love use Apache Tears in your shrine to help absorb negativity. Clear Quartz is just a great crystal to add to your shrine to help elevate energy and intention and clear out any negative thoughts.
4. Now is the time to get personal. Every love shrine is unique because every person is unique. You can add a picture of the person. You can add objects that you know they like. If you want to remain anonymous on this don’t add a picture. Use your own intuition to focus on what you think and feel will draw that person or true love towards you. The more personal energy you place into your shrine the more energy will be given to the intention. So if you create art, write a letter, or even build something all this is energy, thought, and intention. I highly suggest creating a collage of items you want in a relationship and pasting them together on some paper or cardboard. You can cut out words from old magazines that pertain to you and even create headlines. Have fun with this and program each piece added.
5. Last but not least use incense, candles, and oils to decorate your shrine. If you want to be safe and are not good with fire you can even use Flameless Candles I suggest lighting an incense and turning on your candle every time you are meditating. When you are meditating face your shrine so that the energy can flow through your shrine and back to you.
I personally have only had to create one love shrine in this lifetime and I intuitively felt the need when it was time to do so. That love shrine would draw a man I met in Seattle, WA for 10 minutes to leave his work and his belongings and move to Atlanta, Ga three months after I moved. I had no idea he was the man for me, I only knew I felt drawn to go up and speak to him before I left Seattle.
When I created my shrine I created it for my husband, but I had no idea who that was I only knew his energy was near. I put a painting I had created behind the shrine, I wrote a letter to my companion, dated it and placed it in a pink envelope under the my candle. I committed to burning that candle every day until he arrived.
The letter was written on March 20th, 1999. I wrote: “Dear Companion, I know you are even closer to me now and soon we will be reunited. I long for your arrival and return to me.”
About a week later I would get a call from the man I met before I left and found out he was in Atlanta, GA visiting family and arrived March 20. I still had no idea on the coincidence. That Friday he came to my apartment, he walked in the door, and he pointed over to my shrine. He said, “that letter is for me.” My heart sank into my stomach. I don’t know how he even saw this letter because it was literally hidden under the candle for safe keeping but he knew it was there and he knew it was pink. I gave him that letter later on in the evening and we have been married ever since and together for 18 years and have a beautiful family of four children. You can read more about my life in the book Living On Intuition (updated url coming soon).
Love shrines have a lot of power to them and they help us focus on our intention and really hone in on what we want in a relationship. Have fun creating your shrines and use your intuition to help craft them, your first intention almost always is the right one.
Channeling is taking energy either life force energy or spirit energy and becoming a conduit so that energy can flow through you and messages can be delivered or healing can be relayed. A healer can take life force energy such as in Reiki Healing and help direct the energy to another person to help relieve chakra blockages or remove any negative energy that might be attached to a person’s aura.
When we encounter disruptions in our lives or experience trauma we can often have negative residuals that remain around our auras. Sometimes this energy can even cause blockages in one of our main 7-chakra centers. You can think of this like an electrical cord plugged into a wall. If you take the cord and bend the cord you cut off the flow of electricity to power your lamp. A little bit of energy might get through but the lamp doesn’t run at optimum capacity because it is not receiving all of the energy it could potentially be receiving.
Our body is no different if we encounter a traumatic event, we can shut off or become blocked in the region impacted. If someone encounters an abusive or emotionally abusive relationship the heart chakra can become blocked or even closed so that the feelings and emotions are closed off. Although this is the defense mechanism of our physical being to cope with the event, the heart chakra being blocked can impact our ability to love and be loved in the future.
So as someone that channels during a reading, I might notice a block and ask if I can remove this for you. I can also do an energy scan and detect which chakras might be blocked and then proceed to do a chakra balancing healing.
Another form of channeling is when a psychic is able to channel their spirit guides or a loved one that has passed. I work primarily with four different guides, one of whom is my Gate Keeper to the spirit world and the other is my Healing Guide. Depending on what I am needing or working on in life depends on which guide I work with. My Gate Keeper however connects me to someone’s loved one and usually shows me whatever the spirit wants me to see. I might see symbols, color, see words, or hear them saying phrases. They might show me how they passed, their funeral, and what they do now to communicate with you.
The spirit might show me the physical appearance they have after passing, sometimes they want to be viewed as themselves when they were younger. Usually whatever they took pride in or a time in their life when they were proud, they embody in spirit. They work with me and my guides to help deliver messages to you about your life or any emotions they had that were unresolved.
There are three types of mediums:
Mental Mediumship: This form of mediumship allows the medium to use clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience to become a Spirit Communicator for someone that has passed. They are shown symbols, hear sounds, or even have a general sense of the appearance of spirit. They use their senses to communicate messages to the loved ones of someone that has passed.
Trance Mediumship: With this form of mediumship the medium enters into a light or deep trance that allows the Spirit Communicator to enter the aura of the medium without physically entering the body.
Physical Mediumship: This form of mediumship is perhaps the most rare. This is where the Spirit called the Spirit Operator uses the medium to interact and communicate on the physical plane. When the Spirit Operator withdrawals from the mediums body they often leave remnants called ectoplasm that can be apparent around the medium’s nose or mouth or near the navel.